Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back from the Big Apple

We arrived back home from New York at 4:00 am (that's in the morning) on Wednesday Morning after leaving at around 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning. We hit a bit of traffic on the Tapenzee Bridge and again in Boston, but the biggest hold up was Shopping in Maine! Surprisingly it was not me who wanted to shop, but my husband, Andrew.

I had a great time! I visited with my friends who always make me feel like family. Maryanne and I did a bit of shopping on Saturday (we drove through the night on Friday and arrived around 8:00 local time on Saturday), visited with Meredith, Christopher and her two children Brandon (age 2) and Devin (age 6 months). From there we went to see Michael and Jamie who made supper for us (gormet home made pizza, Brushut and salad). She is a wonderful Italian cook! Christine went shopping and visiting with us. It was nice that she was on vacation and could spend the time with me.

On Sunday we had planned to go into the city, but it was raining. We decided that we were not going to let a little bit of weather bother us and decided to try it anyway! It only rained for a short while, and then it wasn't too bad. We spent most of our time along Broadway, Times Square and Rockafeller Centre. It was so nice! New York City will never dissappoint me. We went to M&M World, Hershey World and a few other little shops along the way. I got a great deal on I Love NY t-shirts at the Marriott Hotel (only $5 for Fruit of the Looms - Great Quality). I bought other t's for $2 as well. I love the city, but it makes me appreciate where I live so much more! Sunday night we went to Ellen's house for supper. Homemade spagetti and meat balls. We watched the end of the football game on tv. We did not see Andrew on the jumbo Tron (as he and his friends were at the Jets vs. Buffalo game), and the Jets ended up losing - too bad. At least they had fun at the game and had a once in a lifetime chance to go to a NFL Game.

On Monday Maryanne and I went out and did a bit more shopping (I am close to getting some of my Christmas shopping finished! yeah for me!). For supper Ellen and Pete (and their 3 kids), and Michael and Jamie came over for Chinese Food. Christine came over after work to say good bye, but by then it was around 9 or 10 and I was getting tired. Although I slept good while I was there, I was so busy that I know I didn't get my proper rest.

Andrew arrived around 6 the next morning to pick me up, and we were on our way. For the first time ever, I did not cry while saying good bye to my New York family. I always miss them so much. It seems like we never get to spend much time together, and there is so much time between visits, however, whenever we get together it is like we were never apart and pick up from where we left off.

Ellen's kids are so much like my own. She has an older girl and two sons, like myself, and the oldest and youngest are close in age. Her 3 and my 3 all have the same interests. it is like they were all poured from the same mould and then the mould was thrown away! It puts a smile on my face every time I see them and watch the way they act.

All in all I had a great trip, and can't wait until the next time we can get together!

Until next time - Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment