Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Not the Swine Flu But...

I am very thankful that the family does not have the swine flu, however, we spent all day Sunday in bed. I think that this was the quietest day our family has ever had together!

On Halloween night Erik was not feeling the best. He fell asleep 10 minutes before we were suppose to walk out the door. I woke him up and dressed him (as a skateboarder) and we all went out the door. Victoria was a clown, her best friend Zoe was a "good" witch, Luke was a pirate, Erik was a skateboarder, and I dressed up as a witch (without my hat and makeup as I ran out of time!). We only made it out of the driveway before Erik started to complain that he did not want to go trick or treating. I forced him to go around the block and he complained so much that I gave my cell phone to the girls and let them go off by themselves. I finally gave in and sent Erik through the woods in our backyard neighbours (our house is in plain sight as we can see the back of each others houses clearly!) to go home. (I later found out that my husband thought it was a deer coming through the woods before he realized that it was just Erik!). Luke and I continued on throughout the neighbourhood. We were gone for about 2 hours in total. Luke never complained once. He was such a trooper! He is only 5 years old, but he is so tough. Erik was laying on the couch when we got home. he was happy enough with the candy he did get. Luke, Victoria and Zoe all got a lot of candy as well.

The next morning I was hoping that everyone would sleep in - especially with the time change. Little did I know that everyone was going to sleep a lot longer than I thought. I heard Victoria and Zoe up a bit earlier, but they always play nicely together, so I drifted back off to sleep. At some point during the night both Erik and Luke ended up in my bed, so I knew where they were. I could ear Luke was breathing hard (whenever he gets a cold it goes right to his chest), and Erik didn't move all night. Around 9:30 or 10:00 I got up, Erik followed and went straight to the coach. Luke came down a little while later to the other coach. Neither one of them wanted breakfast. Erik had a bit of a feaver, but Luke was just very tired. Erik spend the entire day on the coach and didn't move. All he had to eat all day was some pasta (he had an upset tummy as well and slept with a large bowl beside him just in case). In the afternoon, Andrew and Erik slept on the coach and Victoria, Luke and I went upstairs and slept in my bed (watching High School Musical for the upteenth time). The boys started to come around a bit by bedtime, but went to bed at their normal time (even though they slept all day!).

Monday Morning and all 3 of them wanted to stay home for the day. Go figure. I ended up keeping Erik home (as he had the runs since 4:oo this morning), Luke decided it would be better to go to school than to be forced to stay on the coach or in bed all day, and I gave Victoria a dose of Motrin and forced her out the door with her regular "I have a headache/bellyache/whatever ache" that will try to convince me she should not be in school. If she hadn't already used it so much I might have believed her, but, if you cry wolf too many times, you will end up going to school even if you are sick. I'm sure she will be fine once she gets with her friends.

Anyway, it wasn't a bad weekend, and it looks like everyone is on the mend. I hope that I don't get a phone call from the school to pick up someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment